This is a simple go to quinoa salad that’s great as a side dish or on it’s own. The flavor combinations are really refreshing and it’s super easy to make. I almost always let it chill so all the elements combine and I like it cold.
I also recently discovered that Amazon sells organic quinoa in bulk, which is pretty awesome.
Let me know what you think in the comments!
Easy Vegan Summer Quinoa Salad with Corn and Avocado
- 2 cups quinoa cooked in veggie broth
- 1 cup avocado diced, about 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup cucumber diced
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice about 1/2 a medium lemon
- 1.5 cups corn fresh off the cob is best, but frozen will work
- 1/2 tbsp natural butter spread
- 1/2 cup spring onions chopped green part only
Heat up butter in skillet over medium heat. Stir in corn and cook for 7 minutes.
Combine quinoa, corn, spring onions, avocado and cucumber in large mixing bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over the mixture and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready. I prefer to let it chill in the fridge for at least an hour.