I love spicy things and especially salsa. This is a super easy recipe to make and it will add kick to your tortilla chips or whatever else you put it on. You can also use it as a marinade for veggies you are planning on grilling or roasting to give them an extra kick.
You can easily add cilantro to this mix. I chose to go without this round. If you don’t have smoked salt (get some) you can use regular kosher salt as well.
What do you think? Spicy enough? Any changes you made? Let me know in the comments!
Spicy Cherry Tomato & Heirloom Tomato Salsa
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes assorted, stem removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes can also use roma, I just had these around
- 1 jalapeno pepper cut in half and sliced thin
- 1/4 tsp cumin freshly ground
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh, about 1 small lime
- 1/4 tsp smoked salt
Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. You can pulse it if you like it chunkier or just let it ride if you want it totally smooth. Taste and salt if needed, then refrigerate for at least an hour.